There is heartening news for Ketan Mehta's film Mountain Man on Dashrath Manjhi, the impoverished man from the Gaya district of Bihar who cut a road through the mountain in his unreachable village, with his hands.
Viacom 18 has acquired the film and are all set to release it worldwide.
Rejoicing in the glad tidings actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui who plays the title role in Mountain Man says, "It's the best thing that could've happened to a film like this. Mountain Man is not a small film. It is a very big film because it tells the story of an extraordinary man."
Nawaz injured his leg while shooting on location for Mountain Man "This has been my toughest film to shoot. I pushed myself emotionally and physically beyond all endurance. And then to have the film being released in a small way would be heartbreaking."
Nawaz says he has been through that heartbreaking process. "Miss Lovely deserved a much wider release. We worked really hard on the film. It's very frustrating to give your life and blood to a film only to see it get no audience."
Hopefully Nawaz's two forthcoming big-ticket films will change that.
Nawaz's other film awaiting release are, Buddhdeb Dasgupta's Anwar, Mangesh Hadawale's Dekh Indian Circus, Prashant Bhargava's Patang, Geetu Mohandas's Liar's Dance and Amit Kumar's Monsoon Shootout.
Viacom 18 acquires Nawazs Mountain Man
- Saturday, Jul 19 2014
- Written by Super User
- font size
|Read 40 times|
Published in Bollywood
Feed Source http://www.bollywoodhungama.com
Stay Connected with
- HUL hedge costs jump to June high before Q4 results
- Foreign brokerages taper down expectations; bullish on India’s long-term story
- Sensex enters correction as rupee falls to 20-month low
- Heroin worth Rs 3 lakhs seized from maxicab drivers acting as mules of cross-border traffickers
- Centre gives Rs 3,008 cr package to West Bengal for land pact with Bangladesh
- The Amul girl and controversies!